April 23rd – 27th, 2012
The overall objective of this course is to develop competencies of senior and middle level managers in strategic leadership of health and development programmes.
By the end of the course, health and development managers will be able to:
- Inspire a shared vision and facilitate change processes in their organisations and programmes
- Conduct root cause analysis and develop a reality tree matrix
- Facilitate systems thinking and action learning in their organisations and programmes
- Apply leadership skills necessary for creating a learning organisation
- Apply STARGUIDE framework for strategic leadership in developing a shared vision, strategy and strategic objectives
- Implement programmes with accountability.
The modules will include:
- Leadership concepts and principles
- Personal mastery
- Mental models and household production of health
- Inspiring a shared vision
- Application of STARGUIDE framework for strategic leadership
- Systems thinking
- Action learning
- Team learning
- Root cause analysis
- Strategy design and implementation with accountability.
Senior and middle level managers in strategic leadership of health and development programmes.