16th to 27th July, 2012
The general objective of the course is to provide relevant skills and competencies to participants for the development and implementation of records management policy, systems, procedures and practices.
After completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Prepare a policy on records management.
- Describe the main concepts and principles of records management
- Effectively operate registries.
- Prepare and implement a records classification and indexing scheme.
- Prepare and implement a records retention /disposal scheme
- Demonstrate ability and skills to review records management policy, systems, procedures and practices
- Manage an archival unit or a records centre.
- Plan and carry out records survey
- Plan and carry out records appraisal
- Process records in a records centre.
The target group participants are drawn from all cadres of society, especially health workers, social/community development workers, representatives of NGOs and Civil Society, project managers and project officers in health and health-related fields.