8th - 12th October 2012
This course is for senior and mid-level programme/projects managers, medical and health personnel and government officers.
The purpose of this course is to empower the participants with advocacy and lobbying skills in order to advocate for health and health related issues. The course will include following:
- Meaning of lobbying and advocacy and how to identify advocacy issues.
- Building constituency for support and mobilisation.
- Networking and coalition with other similar organisations.
- Identifying advocates for a particular issue.
- Designing and pre-testing messages for identified target groups before going public.
- Using materials to lobby and support the campaign i.e. flyers, pamphlets, booklets, position papers, fact sheets etc.
- Use of media in advocacy and lobbying.
- How to reach and lobby the policy makers i.e. parliamentarians, religious groups, senior government officials etc.
- Building consensus and dealing with divergent views (addressing / countering the opposition).
- Fundraising for advocacy