26th November – 7th December 2012
This ten-day course aims at building the competencies of field personnel in qualitative research methods, through a combination of classroom training, practical field exercises, and critique of the field work. The training will be held by AMREF in collaboration with CORE Group from USA.
- Qualitative Research Overview,
- Research Study Design,
- Interviewing Techniques,
- Observation Techniques and Tools,
- Focus Group Discussion Techniques and Tools,
- Key Informant Interview Techniques and Tools,
- Note-taking and Coding, and
- Analysing and Evaluating QR Results.
The training will consist of approximately two days of field work and six days of interactive discussions, mini-lectures, small group work, exercises in pairs, knowledge contests, video-taped role-plays, and critiquing of the video playbacks.